02 03 John Brown Kin: "THE" big week is almost here! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

"THE" big week is almost here!

34
Fred and I leave for West Virginia Sunday morning, and I am so excited I can hardly sit still, let alone sleep.

Looking forward to having dinner with Lynn and Ron Widmyer on Tuesday. 

I will be presenting my paper on Wednesday, the first day of the academic symposium. I am on a panel with two incredible scholars (who I have had email discussions with for over a year) - Sandra Webber and Bonnie Laughlin-Schultz.



I will be giving my presentation "John Brown and Family Remembered: life after the hanging of John Brown" in the author tent on Friday at 3:00.

I have made arrangements with lots of people to meet with them during the week - distant relations that I have not met yet, relations of raiders and Kansas fighters, authors, historians, actors, friends I have met before and friends that I have not met yet.

Hang on, this is going to be a wild ride!

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38