02 03 John Brown Kin: Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Other Traditions - 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Other Traditions -

34
  CANDY!  My family was not into the cookies for Christmas, we made candy.  Both my grandparent's and my family's houses were like candy stores during the Christmas holiday season. In addition to the homemade types below, you could always find a covered glass candy bowl on Grandma's table filled with old-fashioned ribbon candy. 

We made so many types of candy over the years that I am sure I have forgotten some of them, but here is what I can remember.
There you have it. My Cook/Keesey Family "Other" Tradition - Candy in all shapes, sizes, flavors and textures. Made with love and shared with all.

Hope you have enjoyed this peak at my family's tradition.

Written for the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Other Traditions - December 11, 2010

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38